Save money on water: we’re Grey Water ready.
- Grey water systems use water from the sinks, dishwasher, showers and baths and pumps it back to use for the toilet and taps outside.
- Grey water systems can save you up to 30% on your water bill annually.
- In a world that is slowly running out of water, grey water systems reduce your water consumption by up to 30%, that’s a lot of water saved!
Save money on gas. Geothermal/radiant in-floor heating and cooling has many benefits.
- It’s cleaner than a forced-air system because you aren’t blowing dust around.
- Gas boilers usually have to be replaced of need to be fixed in a major way every ten years, radiant in-floor heating can last up to fifty years, needing very little upkeep or maintenance.
- The payback on the investment of radiant heating for houses and small buildings is said to be between five and seven years. For a condominium even a generous eight to ten years isn’t a bad payoff period when you consider we live in our house for several decades on end.
- In-floor heating is more efficient because it heats where you are, near the floor.
- The cost savings over a conventional heating and cooling system annually are approximately 30-60%.
Save money on electricity. Why we believe solar is a brilliant idea.
- Over a twenty year period solar panels can save you anywhere from $20,000 to $65,000 on your electricity bill (based on US estimates).
- In the UK, The Energy Saving Trust estimates that half of the solar power generated by homes is sold back to the grid, earning you additional income.
- In Ontario you can sell excess energy generated by your solar panels back to the grid. As of today (Aug. 2, 2014) Saskatchewan has a program like most provinces where you generate power that goes to the grid that you can use later. Basically just lowering your future electricity bills.
Don’t forget we’ll be talking about solar photovoltaic power with local expert Ken Compton at Nature’s Best this Wednesday August 20th. Hope you’ll join us there!