We heard a rumour last week: our sign was going to be up on the lot soon.
To say there was anticipation would be an understatement. We checked the site daily, sometimes more than once a day. Then the posts were up and finally a group email was sent to let us know that the sign had been spotted on Friday, November 14, 2014.
Anticipation has transformed to excitement. The sign on the lot on Badham Boulevard is announcing this to be the site of “Regina’s First Cohousing Community”. We see the sign as an invitation to take action.
Why should you do this? Why should you check out this new form of housing that is coming to Regina?
- You should do this because this is an exciting development in housing that in just 40 years has spread to many counties and proved successful.
- You should do this if you are single, a single parent with children, married, married with children or retired.
- You should do this if you want to own your own unit or may be interested in renting a unit.
- You should do this if you think when people share everyday chores that it makes less work and you laugh a lot while doing them.
- You should do this if you see yourself living in a building that functions as a community. A place where when you come home everyone knows your name.
- You should do this if you want to live a more sustainably happy lifestyle.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at any time. We’d love to chat with you over coffee and tell you about our amazing community.